This room reflects the building's use as a stopover for the stagecoaches that traveled the Wire Road in 1860.
The tavern log walls before restoration began in the summer of 1997 were covered with 12 inch pine boards. These boards were covered with two and on some walls, six, layers of wallpaper. The restoration required the removal of these layers.
The uncovered log walls were missing 95 percent of the daubing and much of the chinking. The correct mixture of lime, cement, and sand had to be researched and mixed,