Alumni Hall was built in 1906. The first floor housed a parlor, music room, dining room, kitchen, china closet, and three rooms for Professor George Bryon and Mrs. Smith, who founded and operated the school. The second and third floors were dormitory rooms for the girl students and the female teachers. The Iberia Academy, a normal school for most of its life, operated from 1890 until 1951 in Iberia, Miller County. (From "History of Iberia Academy" by Peggy Smith Hake, 1995 Old Settlers Gazette.)

Back to Real Photo list