This 84 page booklet provides the Civil War buff with the recorded activities at Post Waynesville. The records were transcribed by the authors from the original documents held in the collection of the National Archives at Washington, D.C.
Available at
The Old Stagecoach Stop
Lone Oak Printing

or by mail for $5 plus $2 s/h from

Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO 65461

—from the Introduction
...The documents represent military bureaucracy and soldierly concerns. Amidst the minutia are reports on cavalry weapons, skirmishing at the California House, scouts to Spring Creek, Big Piney and Texas County, and the doings of the Tilleys. Only two reports from these records appear in The War of the Rebellion: the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. The other documents from Post Waynesville are available here for the first time.

a pictorial history
Pulaski County




• More than 280 vintage images
• 154 pages
• Indexed

* Rivers beckoned lumbermen and settlers
* Railroads created new towns
* Roads brought tourism
* Recreation destination for more than a century

Available at the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau, Lone Oak Printing, and the Old Stagecoach Stop, or by mail from:

Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO 65461

$24.99 postage included


- from the Introduction

...A popular fascination with caves flourished in the Ozarks in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, when residents and visitors alike shared in the preoccupation with natural openings in the earth. It led them for many reasons to gather at caves, take up torches and explore the sometimes wet and muddy confines of what might otherwise be just holes in the ground...

John Bradbury explores this fascination and the uses of caves in our area of "The Cave State" in this 40 page booklet (5.5 by 8.5 inches).

John Bradbury is Senior Fellow of the State Historical
Society of Missouri Research Center-Rolla. He has
written on the Civil War and the Ozarks for the Missouri
Historical Review
, Arkansas Historical Quarterly, Old
Settlers Gazette
, and Newsletter of the Phelps County Historical
. Gourd Creek, on the cover opposite, was the first cave he visited.


Available at the Old Stagecoach Stop

or by mail from

Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO 65461

$3.00 plus $2 s/h

Pulaski County has 33 miles of Route 66 and a rich road history to go with it. Spanning the years 1926 to 1980, this narrative includes the people, roadside development, and the changes to the road itself. Using a variety of sources and over 400 images and maps, this book records much of the local history adjacent to the famous highway.

  • 238 pages

  • 400 images and maps

  • Index

Terry Primas is Editor of the Old Settlers Gazette, an annual heritage newspaper published by the Old Stagecoach Stop Foundation. He has worked for nearly three decades on the preservation, restoration, and educational program of the Old Stagecoach Stop, an antebellum building and house museum on the square in Waynesville, Missouri, near the Main Street of America. Terry has produced interpretive tour materials about Route 66 in Pulaski County in a variety of formats and serves as a step-on guide for Route 66 tour groups for the Pulaski County Tourism Bureau.

By mail: Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO 65461


plus $5.00 s/h


Also available at: Eclectic Originals, Lone Oak Printing, Old Stagecoach Stop, Pulaski County Tourism Bureau, and the Route 66 Community Art Gallery.

Waynesville, Missouri, county seat of Pulaski County, began the decade of the 1940s with a population of 468 citizens. The only paved street in the small village was Route 66 on the south side of the town square. There were no city utilities nor health services, except for the local doctor. Then came the construction of Fort Leonard Wood. Before the decade was over, the rustic village had been transformed into a modern town. This volume details the changes that occurred during World War II.



214 pages



Available locally at: Pulaski County Tourism Bureau (St. Robert); Lone Oak Printing (Waynesville); Eclectic Originals (Waynesville); Old Stagecoach Stop (Waynesville); and Route 66 Community Art Gallery (Buckhorn).

By mail: Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO 65461

$25.00 plus $5.00 s/h

Originally destined for construction in southcentral Iowa, the Army’s Seventh Corps training camp was relocated to the Ozarks in Pulaski County, Missouri. The sprawling 68,000 acre camp subsumed part of the Gasconade National Forest and the private land holdings of over 500 citizens. Construction reached its peak in April of 1941 with more than 32,000 workers employed. The construction of the camp, christened Fort Leonard Wood, significantly altered the natural and cultural landscapes.
More than 320,000 officers and enlisted soldiers were trained at Fort Leonard Wood during World War II.

This pictorial history provides nearly 250 images that depict the construction, training, and leisure activities of the soldiers during the period 1941-1946. The book concludes with a chapter showing views of Fort Leonard Wood today.

128 pages


Available at Lone Oak Printing • Eclectic Originals • Old Stagecoach Stop • Pulaski County Tourism Bureau • Route 66 Community Art Gallery and by mail ($24.00) from Terry Primas, 10925 Western Road, Duke, MO. 65461.